tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: OKOM-DX tlf-Setup?

From: W.R. Juergens (DL2WRJ)
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: OKOM-DX tlf-Setup?
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:04:48 +0100

On Sun, 7. November 2004 17:28 Bob Nielsen wrote:
> You really don't need to wait for the official release of Sarge.  I
> have been using it ever since the Woody version was released with no
> problems.  Also, Libranet 2.8.1 consists mainly of Debian Sarge
> packages.  It is now available as a free download.

Hi Bob,
But thats my plan ;-) I will first collect some money for a new HD and
then try to switch to Debian. I think christmas time is a good chance
to talk to the XYL that its absolutely necessary to buy a new notebook
or at least a big harddisk.

> Ubuntu is another Debian-based distribution and is even more
> cutting-edge.  Ubuntu promises new releases every six months.  They
> even will ship you a CD for free (some packages will need to be
> downloaded).

I have tried Ubuntu on my notebook, and I was not satisfied it was so
Gnome centered. Maybe I will give Kanotix (which is a Knoppix based on
Debian Sid) a try, if Sarge will not released until end of the year.

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ
--
http://www.dl2wrj.de - CW - Digital - QRP - QRPP - QRSS
DL-QRP-AG #2138 AGCW #3022 RU-QRP #47 G-QRP #11473 QRP-L #2545