tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: OKOM-DX tlf-Setup?

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: OKOM-DX tlf-Setup?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:28:22 -0800

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 01:06:19PM +0100, W.R. Juergens (DL2WRJ) wrote:

> At the end of the year, hopefully Debian Sarge will come out and then I
> will switch to Debian (i have ordered it already). I'm a little bit
> unhappy with Suse Linux, even if TLF and a few other HAM applications
> are running well.

You really don't need to wait for the official release of Sarge.  I have
been using it ever since the Woody version was released with no
problems.  Also, Libranet 2.8.1 consists mainly of Debian Sarge
packages.  It is now available as a free download.

Ubuntu is another Debian-based distribution and is even more
cutting-edge.  Ubuntu promises new releases every six months.  They even
will ship you a CD for free (some packages will need to be downloaded).

73, Bob N7XY