tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Debian Dxpedition Disk and USB Memory Stick

From: K1VP
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Debian Dxpedition Disk and USB Memory Stick
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:29:46 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

 Is there a way to have the Disk mailed to me? I
will gladly pay for the disk and the mailing charges.

My address is:       WA1LTD
                    Ronald E. Bibber
                    62 Shaws Mill Road
                    Gorham, ME 04038-2136
                    USA

Ron:

I believe Rein has made some changes lately, but I have copies of both files and wil send you a CD and a floppy with the USB files for the last version I downloaded.

Also is there a way to specify a hard drive or floppy disk location for the files that go to the USB Memory Stick so the stick is not needed?
Rein will have to answer this. Do you not have a USB port? What are the specs for the computer you are going to use? For a low end machine, you are better off installing Debian and then running tlf on a text console as opposed to running a GUI. The DX Expedition disk is a very slick system and the small USB sticks are very inexpensive now.

Ed Lawson
K1VP