tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] need help - installing TLF on a Mac OS X or...

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] need help - installing TLF on a Mac OS X or...
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:12:45 +0100

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:21:49PM -0800, K6 BBQ wrote:
> I need the help of you experts and hope some of you can help me figure
> out the best way to use TLF.  I am very interested in using TLF for my
> ham contesting software, however, I am not sure how to run it on my
> computer.
>
> I have a Mac G4 (OS X - 10.2.8) and two hard drives, one 10 gig for
> classic
> and an 80 gig one with the new OS X installed however that hard drive is
> partitioned into four drives.

I guess you have gcc already installed, which will be required for tlf
compilation. You may also need the fink package, not sure though.

> I have a UNIX Terminal window where scripts and commands can be
> entered, but I am not sure if I can use that to help install TLF,

This is in the UNIX Terminal window that you'll have to rebuild tlf.
After downloading the .tar.gr file, you will most probably do:

        tar zxvf tlf-x.y.z.tar.gz
        cd tlf-x.y.z
        ./configure
        make
        make install

>or if I clean off
> one hard drive and install Linux PPC 9.1 Mandrake on one hard drive, or
> if I can run TLF some other way
> on my mac.

No need, to switch to Linux. I have no idea whether TLF has already been
ported to Mac OS X, but it shouldn't be a problem. I can help Rein in
the port if the sourceforge farm is up.

Cheers,
Stephane - F8CFE