tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Notes from HB9OK

From: hb9fbl
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Notes from HB9OK
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:33:47 +0100

Hello Rein , some comments on TLF after the CQWW as HB9OK (Multi/2)

Remarks:
--------

- refresh of the zone windows is a little bit weird if it's over the
cluster window

- after some hours of contest, the ncurses interface displays strange
things, like a number close to the zone field or, worst, some lines
are not displayed correctly (moved up or down on the screen).

- a couple of times tlf suggested a strange value for the zone, like
a big number or special chars.

- when we wrote, for example, ":SPORT" instead of ":SPOT", we went
into the cluster window, but not always we were able to go back into
TLF.

- INSERT/OVERWRITE when modifying the call (the default is to
overwrite, but all the ops were not happy with that)

- If you write the CALL and Press ENTER you have to enter the Zone,
but if you need to erase all the entries you need to press TAB and
ESC. It is possible to press ESC-ESC instead of TAB-ESC in order to
erase the call ?

- Rate is a little too ambiguous.... I got rate of 600 during a short
pile-up (dxcluster effect) but that is a bit too much, I think.

Feature requests:
-----------------

- how do I change colors ?

- better support for MS/M2, like put the station ID (A,B,C,..) just
after the serial number (like TR does, if I remember correctly).

- As for post-contest: TR has a multiplier check in post.exe that
tells you if the zone is wrong.  That would be a nice feature.

Nice to have:

- run 2 or 3 tlf sessions on the same machine, using ssh or telnet to
connect. I tried once (with 0.8.19 i think) but with no success.

- a special feature that "sync" a log of one pc with the other pc on
the network. We don't always have a reliable link between the two pc.

BTW: no problem compiling tlf 0.9.x under Slackware 9.1 (i tried
0.9.3, 0.9.4 and, this morning, 0.9.5 under Slack9.1 on my WMWare)

73 de chris hb9fbl