tiger-devel

Re: [Tiger-devel] Promisc mode/Cron ACL patches

From: Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
Subject: Re: [Tiger-devel] Promisc mode/Cron ACL patches
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:52:28 +0100

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:22:49AM +0100, unspawn wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Two proposed patches against Tiger 3.2 CVS on 2003/09/22 here and I'm
> looking for comments. I apologize for not splitting them up in three
> separate mails if that's what's expected on this list and for not checking
> out CVS at a more recent date.

I have added them to CVS now, sorry for the delay (comments below).

> Promisc mode

Great change. I have slightly changed it to work without making it depend
on bashisms (when in doubt try running the scripts with 'ash' or other
POSIX compliant shell).

> Cron ACL
> This should be generic although I don't have access to any OS!=Linux to
> verify. The /etc/cron.{allow,deny} files allow the administrator to
> restrict users' cron usage.

This was alread done in scripts/check_crontabs. Notice that gen_cron is not
the place to do this check (since it's not a module check, it's just an
utility to generate all the cron users). I have added this to that file and
added the explanation items (under doc/cron.txt). Also, it is not necessary
to test for the existance of the configuration file in the 'config' scripts
for any system (unless you want to select from different alternatives) This
kind of check (configuration file exists or is readable) is best done by
the check modules.

Thanks for your contribution!

Javi