tiger-devel

Re: [Tiger-devel] New pre-release 3.2.1rc2

From: Ryan Bradetich
Subject: Re: [Tiger-devel] New pre-release 3.2.1rc2
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:51:41 -0600

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 10:58, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 12:42:01AM -0600, Ryan Bradetich wrote:
> > Javi,
> >
> > I have started testing this release canadate from cvs head on HP-UX.
> > Here are a few things I have found.  I will try to identify and generate
> > patches tomorrow. Here is a quick run down of problems I have seen:
> >
> > 1. The check_rhosts file has errors....
>
> Ummm.. this seems to happen only on HPUX (I assume that is why you sent the
> patch)

Yes.. I have been focusing on HPUX.  I will also start testing on a
couple distributions of Linux here shortly.

> > 3. Some checks are failing due to undefined variables....
>
> Which ones? I believe this is related to the patches you are sending in
> order to define TEE/EXPAND/etc.. in HPUX correct? You should check the
> Linux config file (it's the more up-to-date) to see that all the commands
> defined in Linux are defined in HPUX. I will try to revise this
> myself too (for other OS)

Yes.  I have a few additional variables to define.  Most of them are
straight forward and you should be seeing additional patches tonight to
correct some of these.  Though it might be a good idea to write a quick
script to compare the exported variables in Linux vs the exported
variables in HPUX.

Thanks!

- Ryan