therion-users

[Therion] Therion breaks Cygwin/Tcl

From: Roger Schuster
Subject: [Therion] Therion breaks Cygwin/Tcl
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:24:30 +0200

Hi there,

I used the Therion 0.5.1 installer on a Windows XP box. Since then my
Cygwin installation is messed up and I can't run Tcl/Tk applications any
longer. In the registry are entries like

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\wish84.exe\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Programme\\Therion\\bin\\wish84.exe\"

I think this registers Tcl source scripts to the wish84.exe from Therion
instead the interpreter shipped with Cygwin. This probably causes an
ugly usage mix of Windows (Therion) and Unix (Cygwin) libs.

After uninstalling Therion and cleaning up the registry manually (the
uninstaller should do this IMHO) my Cygwin Tcl environment is fine.

Roger