therion-users

[Therion] How do I change the water symbol

From: Wookey
Subject: [Therion] How do I change the water symbol
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 03:21:01 +0000

The xisting water shading sysmbol doesn't work at all well at small
scales. The lines merge and I just get a black area for both open
water and sumps.

See http://wookware.org/mulu/terikan.pdf for an example of how bad it
looks.

We need to change the symbol so the lines get further apart at smaller
scales, or perhaps make the default symbol just 'blue', as blue water
makes a lot of sense. Can I do that? Not sure what to do for sumps in
that case. darker blue? Changing the hatch-spacing with scale might be
difficult. But if I just know how to to change it, then I can
presumably redefine the symbol in my overall layout file which would
have the desired effect.

How do I change the water symbol?

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/