therion-users

Re: [Therion] Weird Error

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Therion] Weird Error
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:53:39 -0500

You should spend some time and figure out why it doesn't work for 64 bits. At least until you can go caving again :)

Philip

Philip Schuchardt wrote:
On Tuesday 13 December 2005 5:17 pm, you wrote:

On Monday 12 December 2005 9:18 pm, you wrote:

Maps compile fine on my 600 mhz P3 and my x86 notebook. They fail to
compile on my AMD64 box.

therion 0.3.9
configuration file: thconfig
reading ... done
reading source files ... done
preprocessing database ... done
scanning centreline tree ... done
searching for centerline loops ... done
calculating station coordinates ... done
calculating basic statistics ... done
processing extended elevation ... done
processing references ... done
selecting export objects ... done
processing projection plan ... done
average distortion: 2.14%
writing walters_fold_cave_plan.pdf ...
therion: error -- unknown exception

Using:
xtherion 0.3.9
Linux adrastea 2.6.13-gentoo-r3 #1 SMP Tue Nov 15 11:15:32 EST 2005
x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ AuthenticAMD
GNU/Linux

Any ideas?

Philip Schuchardt

Does anyone know how get therion to work with a debugger?  Currently, I
have tried changing the Makefile to:

CXXPFLAGS = -O0 -g
CCPFLAGS = -O0 -g

And recompiling it. ddd(GUI gdb) still complains about (no debugging
symbols found) and I can't look at the source or step through it.  Any
ideas about getting a debugger to work with the source?

Philip Schuchardt

Sweet! I fixed it. And it is fairly simple. This fix should fix the therion: error -- unknown exception, which I was reporting earlier.

In the Makefile:
Just add -m32 option to the compiler and linker flags. This will force gcc and g++ to compile the under 32 bit. In my case it was compiling 64bit code due to my 64bit linux installation. I guess therion doesn't run under 64bit at the moment. This fix shouldn't effect x86 users (I haven't test it though). The fix works with 0.3.10 and it will probably work with 0.3.9 (I havent tested it). Hopefully, this fix will be in the next version of therion. ;)

My modified makefile(Part):
# PLATFORM LINUX
CXX = g++
CC = gcc