therion-users

[Therion] bug with joins and comments

From: Wookey
Subject: [Therion] bug with joins and comments
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:58:16 +0100

Here's an interesting one. There is something about comments containing the
work join that breaks actual join commands - presumably the parser gets
confused:

I had this in the file:
 join wilfords1_s4 grumble3_s1    #(grumble3 -> grumble1 join)
 # wilfords1_s4 grumble2_s3 line joins:
  join grumb2_s3_l2 wilf1_s4_l2:3
  join grumb2_s3_l1 wilf1_s4_l1

With this neither of the joins 'worked'

I changed it to:
 join wilfords1_s4 grumble3_s1
 join wilfords1_s4 grumble2_s3 #line joins:
 #  join grumb2_s3_l2 wilf1_s4_l2:3
 #  join grumb2_s3_l1 wilf1_s4_l1

Now the  wilfords1_s4 grumble3_s1   join works, but the wilfords1_s4
grumble2_s3 join still doesn't.

Then I changed it back to:
  join wilfords1_s4 grumble3_s1
  #  join wilfords1_s4 grumble2_s3 #line joins:
   join grumb2_s3_l2 wilf1_s4_l2:3
   join grumb2_s3_l1 wilf1_s4_l1

to try and isolate the problem. This works the same as above (first join OK,
second broken).

This doesn't work either (I was hoping it would :-( )
  join wilfords1_s4 grumble3_s1
  #  join wilfords1_s4 grumble2_s3
   join grumb2_s3_l2 wilf1_s4_l2:3
   join grumb2_s3_l1 wilf1_s4_l1

Prety wierd huh? It really does look like using the word 'join' in a comment
breaks things. And what exactly is going on ( I can't quite see a pattern
about it affecting the current line or the next line)

If you need the whole dataset it's at
http://wookware.org/mulu/benarat-therion<date>.zip

and the above is in benarat/terikan/terikan.th2

Wookey