therion-users

[Therion] Re: Feedback on 0.3.8 - bugs

From: Wookey
Subject: [Therion] Re: Feedback on 0.3.8 - bugs
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:28:41 +0100

+++ m.b [05-08-10 10:24 +0200]:
> > The result so far is a 30km system in one plan which may be one of
> > the largest therion maps drawn so far?
>
> Great map! May we link to the pdf file from the Therion web page?

No, this map is actually quite sensitive due to the activities of people
looking for swiftlets for birds-nest soup, and that the National Park
authorities do not have enough money to control them. Now that I have
mentioned it on this list I will have to move it soon (as this list is no
doubt archived and linked).

> The second largest map I am aware of is Dead Bats Cave system in Slovakia (21
> km)
>
> > OK. lets start with a few bugs, which are not major but should be
> > fixed (I understand why some of these things are happening and that
> > they may be hard to fix but I am just being a 'user' here - these
> > things need to be improved somehow to make therion useable by non-
> > geeks):
>
> Agree, all the bugs should be fixed. I suspect that tcl/tk crashas might be
> debian-specific. I had been using xtherion quite intensively on Mandrake 9.
> 1/10.1, Win 2000/XP and never have encountered any similar problam.

I suspect you are right. They might even be specific to this laptop as I
hardly use xtherion anywhere else. I will try asking the Debian tcl/tk
people and see what they say.

Wookey