therion-users

Re: [therion-users] Therion 0.2.9 installed in Debian

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Therion 0.2.9 installed in Debian
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:46:06 +0200

I've just returned from holiday, so very briefly:

> However looking at the build daemon logs it seems we have problems on some
> architectures:
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=therion
> s390 and powerpc failed to compile a working therion (fails at the
> ../bin/therion --print-xtherion-src) command.
>
> I'm not sure why this should be, but you can see the various build
> complaints which it would be a good start to fix - some of those are
likely
> to be causing trouble on other architectures.
>
> Do we think 0.2.10 is going to be noticeably better in this respect? I'll
> start vuilding packages anyway, as I said I would.

We didn't noticed this problem on powerpc (MacOSX), but I believe it can be
the problem. We're considering not to support MacOSX officially, because the
therion behaviour differs from one system version to another (now we had
problems with macintosh end of line characters) . We didn't fixed it in
0.2.10, but I will remove this stuff from standard make procedure in 0.2.11-
it's not necessary there.

> Once we get a version that compiles on all 10 architectures then therion
> should move to the 'testing' distribution after 10 days. You can check out
> the current status here:
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=wookey
> and here:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/therion.html