synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Panel icon disappeared after upgrading to 0.52

From: Ari Torhamo
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Panel icon disappeared after upgrading to 0.52
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:18:20 +0300

ma, 2004-08-02 kello 10:53, Sebastian Heinlein kirjoitti:
> Am Montag, den 02.08.2004, 01:41 +0300 schrieb Ari Torhamo:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I succesfully upgraded my Synaptic installation to version 0.52
> > (actually I allready have version 0.53, but that's another story).
At
> > the same time I upgraded Bonobo to version 1.0.22-8.1. When
restarting
> > my machine soon after that, I got this error message:
> >
> > Unable to load picture
"/usr/share/synaptic/pixmaps/synaptic_48x48.png"
> > Details: no such file
> > (I translated this from finnish)
>
> Hi Ari,
>
> we changed the location of the icon to
> "/usr/share/pixmaps/synaptic.png".
>
> Perhaps you have to edit the panel entry or copy a new one from the
> menu.

Hi,

Icon problem solved using your instructions - thank's. Considering
afterwards, I might have tried to solve the problem by myself.

> > By the way, after upgrading to 0.52, I found many new items in my
> > repository list. Is this a new feature in Synaptic - that there are
> > repositories pre-installed?
>
> Hm. These shouldn't be the case. We don't ship any list of
repositories
> (sources.list). Can you name the relevant new entries?

These new entries are actually not entirely new, but are like additions
to the old ones and refer to older versions of Fedora/Redhat. There are
quite a few of them. For example, before these new entries appeared, I
had http://apt.sw.be/fedora/2/en/i386 dag installed. Now I have the
following list greyed out righ after it:

http://apt.sw.be/fedora/1/en/i386 dag
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el3/en/i386 dag
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/9/en/i386 dag
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/8.0/en/i386 dag
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/7.3/en/i386 dag
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/as2.1/en/i386 dag
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/6.2/en/i386 dag

The same thing happened with 5 other original entries:

http://dries.studentenweb.org/apt/fedora/fc2/i386
http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/2/i386
http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc2
http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/2/en/i386

The last one, http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/... has all the entries
greyed out, so they might all be new. I don't remember having any
entries greyed out, when this thing happened. But on the other hand I'm
not sure.

These ones got no additions:

http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/Linux/fedora/
http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora.us/fedora/
http://macromedia.rediris.es/apt/

I have 29 new repository entries now and they are all created with about
the same pattern as in the example of http://apt.sw.be/ above and all of
them are greyed out. One thing I'm sure of is that I didn't put them
there - it would have been so much work I would have noticed :-)

> Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinion!

I'm glad if my comments help in any way.

> Regards,
>
> Sebastian

Regards,

Ari