synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic .5

From: Richard Bos
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic .5
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:48:14 +0200

Op donderdag 17 juni 2004 18:39, schreef Patrick Cornelißen:
> | Please help me to exactly understand what you are missing. What
> | information that used to be in the tabs are you looking for and in
> | what way did it help you?
>
> I used it for example to browse through the dependencies of broken
> packages. I just activated the dependencies tab (or the common tab) and
> browsed through the packages. So I got a pretty quick impression what's
> wrong.
> Now I have to click on each package and select the property menu item,
> ... - not very good for quick browsing.
>
> I think it's the best for the usability, if you reintegrate the
> properties dialog in the description area with it's tabs.
> (As it was in the last .4x versions)

I second this proposal too.

Another one that I know from another package installer and sometime that's
very convenient, is small popup window that provides the name, summary the
installed version and the latest available version.  In the example
application it's a small yellow window that appears when the mouse is
hoovering over a package and disappears when the mouse moves on.  It's handy
because in my case the version information is hidden due to the small scree
size.  With this pop it is still quickly available.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless