synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Teeny-tiny feature request

From: Josh Hansen
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Teeny-tiny feature request
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:17:32 -0600

Hi all,
I'm brand-new to the list, and I'm going to start things off right by asking for a trivial new feature in Synaptic. What I would like is simply for the window title to include the hostname, so, for example, on my computer named 'hank' the window title would be "Synaptic (hank)" or something like that. The main reason I want this behavior is that I manage a small network of machines on which I like to use synaptic to manage package installation. However, when I log in to several of the machines at once and run Synaptic remotely, having more than one Synaptic window open, it can get easy to mix up which window corresponds to which machine. Hence the hostname in the title bar text.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Josh Hansen
Physics and Astronomy Computer Support