synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] filter and buttons in the new user interface

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] filter and buttons in the new user interface
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:39:37 -0300

> I am little bit uncertain about relaying on the menu as the single
> visible methods to perform package actions in the new user interface.

There are three different ways to select a package for installation:

- Menu
- Context menu
- Click on icon

> I would appreciate to add some action buttons above the package
> the actions is not available or useless it should be grayed out, e.g.
> if you press the "install" button on a not installed package the
> button would be grayed out and the "unmark" button would be
> 'ungrayed'/enabled.
[...]

I would appreciate if we could get over this. We already
discussed that in the past, and even removed the toggle
buttons because you didn't like it.

[...]
> Another point is the filter combo box. Michael and me already discussed
> about its use. And Michael came up with the idea to remove it and move
> the filters to the new left browser as its own group in addition to
> "section", "alphabet", "status" and "keyword" (tag).

How do I get the installed packages in the 'Base' section?

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net