synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Dependencies list always with unstable even when testin

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Dependencies list always with unstable even when testing selected?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:21:33 -0400

Another problem with dependencies :

 - My source.list contains both testing and unstable.

 - I set the Default release to testing.

 - I select the package "kandy". The following versions are available :
    - 4:3.1.3-1 (unstable)
    - 4:2.2.2-5.2 (stable)
    - 4:2.2.2-5 (testing)
   (I am not sure why stable is listed. Probably a left over by Knoppix.)

  - Since the release is "testing", the available version in the package list
view is 4:2.2.2-5

  - But, in the dependencies tab, what is listed are the dependencies for
version 4:3.1.3-1 (it depends on kdelibs4 >= 3.1.3, wich is impossible for a
KDE 2 package :-).

 - If I press the "Install button", I am informed that :

«  Some packages could not be installed.
   The following package have unmet dependencies:
   kandy:
     D   »

   (The weird "D" is present in the dialog).

Thanks,

Guillaume Pratte