synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] gtk interface problem

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov/Lintec Project
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] gtk interface problem
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:44:18 +0200

On 20 Nov 2002 16:10:30 +0100
"Michael Vogt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:10:51PM +0200, Sviatoslav Sviridov/Lintec
> Project wrote:
> > Hello
> Hi,
>
> > I tried to create russian translation for synaptic, but I met problems
> > with gtk interface. Text looks good on the toolbar buttons, but in the
> > other places it slides to the right, sometime part of the text does
> > not fit. Ot the tabs there is no text. I have no experience in gtk+
> > programming, so I don't know why it happens and how to fix it. Do you
> > have any idea?
>
> Thanks for working on a russian translation!
>
> I have some ideas why this happens. There are still a lot of
> gtk_widget_set_usize() calls in the current synaptic code. This means
> the size of quite a few widgets is fixed. I working on this, but it's
> still not completed.
>
> But the other case you decribed, "no text" is strange. What about
> sending me your current translation and a few hints in what areas I
> have to look for cuted text and no text at all and I will try to fix
> this areas? Or send me some screenshots with the broken areas marked?

Screenshots and translation are attached.
Text on the buttons "Keep", "Install", "Remove", "Edit filter..."
displayed partially.
ru.po is for synaptic-0.25, but with 0.27 it has the same problems.
Translation is in early stage, it needs more work and should not be
included in package yet (it is my first attempt to create translation at
all :)).

--
Sviatoslav Sviridov
[mailto:address@hidden [ICQ#10845380] [Lintec Project] [MLUG]