Re: [Swarm-Modelling] i7 processors

From: Ken Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] i7 processors
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:21:13 -0700

Steve,

I really like the Xeon 5500 series (we use 5560's in HPC clusters for ABM).
Specifically, you will like the QPI memory model with DDR3, and the IO hub
chipset that we use for QDR InfiniBand.  We have some new software designs
upcoming for clusters using Nehalem-EX that should be really interesting ...
If and when.

But we are not currently using Swarm or NetLogo for ABM. The important
aspect is how well your application partitions the data, and rolls out loops
(tasks) for parallel processing within the software design.

Ken Lloyd