Re: [Swarm-Modelling] conformsTo: with Collections

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] conformsTo: with Collections
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:50:55 -0700

Gary Polhill wrote:
> I get a bus error in Swarm 2.2 (from CVS on 12 June 2006) when asking a
> List if it follows the Collections protocol. In Swarm 2.1.1 it complains
> that I've sent the request to nil! See attached perl script and
> Makefile.
>
> (e.g. test_protocol.pl List Collections; ./conforms -> Bus Error;
> test_protocol.pl Array Collections -> "Array var conforms to Collection
> protocol")

This is a address@hidden question, by the way.

Marcus recently configured Swarm so that it disallowed messages to nil.

All you need to do is test to see if the receiver is nil and if it is,
don't send it a message.

We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact
that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery. -- H. G. Wells