Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Re: Material and Data Flow

From: Steven H. Rogers
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Re: Material and Data Flow
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:32:33 -0700

Thanks, Van.

Regards,
Steve
//////////////////

Van Parunak wrote:
We have constructed a model of supply networks that we use extensively in our supply chain engineering practice. The original version of the sw was in Swarm; the current version is in RePast. The original, very simple system is described in

H. V. Parunak, S. Brueckner, J. Sauter, and R. Matthews. Distinguishing Environmental and Agent Dynamics: A Case Study in Abstraction and Alternative Modeling Technologies. In A. Omicini, R. Tolksdorf, and F. Zambonelli, Editors, Engineering Societies in the Agents' World (ESAW'00), vol. LNAI 1972, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pages 19-33. Springer, Berlin, 2000. http://www.altarum.net/~vparunak/esaw00.pdf.

A more mature version, developed in teamwork with DaimlerChrysler, is described in

H. Baumgaertel, S. Brueckner, H. V. D. Parunak, R. Vanderbok, and J. Wilke. Agent Models of Supply Network Dynamics. In T. Harrison, Editor, The Practice of Supply Chain Management, Springer, 2003. http://www.altarum.net/~sbrueckner/publications/2001/AgentModelsOfSupplyNetworkDynamics_submitted_20010209.pdf.

--
Steven H. Rogers, Ph.D., address@hidden
Weblog: http://shrogers.com/weblog