[Swarm-Modelling] decision modelling

From: boris.heller
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] decision modelling
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:20:58 +0200

Good morning list,

here are some more details about what I would like to to:

Basically I would like to simulate or "predict" the voting of creditors about
the reorganization plan.

When a firm goes bankrupt it is possible to start a reorganization. Therefore
you create a reorganizantion plan. The creditors of this firm now have the
right to say whether they are in favor of the plan or whether they are not.

Each creditor has his own mind/decision rules/set of variables that determines
their behavior. The creditors are put into different groups, e.g. bank. Within
one group the decision rules should be pretty much the same.

The decision about the plan is made within a meeting that all creditors may
attend. In fact they do communicate with each other and so one creditor might
affect another creditor through this communication. At the end of the meeting
each creditor votes.

The modell I think of shows each creditor as one agent. Each agent has his own
set of variables/rules (his own "mind"). According to this they have something
like a "first opinion" about the reorganization plan and how they would like
to vote. Then the agents communicate with each other for a certain time by
message passing. During the communication an agent can possibly change his
mind. At the end of the process all agents have their "final opinion" about
the plan. According to this they vote at the end of the process. If you add
the individual decision you get the final result of the voting.

Maybe now it is better to understand what I would like to do.

I am looking forward to your answers.

Sincerly Yours

Boris Heller