Re: Hello

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:55:06 -0800

At 03:58 AM 1/26/2002 +0900, you wrote:
I should like to introduce myself. I am studying in the Department architecture and civil engineering at the Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan.
And I am developing agent-based model of pedestrian movements using swarm.

I am writing to enquire if it would be possible to answer the next my question.

I want to know a way that the agent(pedestrian) that we are currently considering understand features of another moving agent (example their sex, age, walking-speed and moving-direction$B!D(B) .

I want to develop an agent-based model like PEDFLOW.

Interesting!

The first thing to do is adopt one or more methods for
inter-agent communication.... signal channels, if you will.

These might be textual, audial, sight-based, etc.  A method
for communicating over those channels might be:

o referential lexicon (a dictionary of words each agent has
access to and can assemble sentences out of, or just single
word communication off a sematically grounded dictionary),

o cognitive expression/interpretation models in the agents'
heads (either objectively grounded or subjectively negotiated),

The next thing to do is tie the communication signals to
traits of the agents.  E.g. if the agent is BLUE, then it
speaks "Booga" when it hits a wall.  If the agent is YELLOW,
then it speaks "Yowza" when it hits a wall.

Then you have a basis for trait-based signalling.

glen e. p. ropella =><= H: 831.335.4950 =><= C: 831.247.7901
SwarmFest '02: http://www.cbr.washington.edu/swarmfest/
http://www.ropella.net/~gepr =><= Hail Eris!