Re: The readme file about swarm demo

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: The readme file about swarm demo
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:48:52 -0500

zwm sam wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am a graduate student very interested in Swarm and try to learn it from
> the
> material in your website. But I can't find the readme files about swarm
> demos(I download the swarmdemo-2.1.1.exe for windows and installed it), so
> I have no idea about what happened in there demos and what do they mean.
> Could you please tell me where I can find this kind of material in the web?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Weimin Zhou

I don't know that there ever was a README for swarmdemo, but if
there were, I wish it would say this:

The swarmdemo package is a set of pre-built programs that can be
run on MS Windows systems.  Simply double click on the swarmdemo
package and it will extract/expand several files.  To run a
swarm program, double click on the executable in Windows
Explorer.

Please be warne that the swarmdemo package does not include the
swarm libraries and you will not be able to write/build your own
swarm models with the swarm demo package. In order to
write/build, it is necessary to install swarm itself and
separately download some applications, such as swarmapps or
other programs from swarm's ftp site.

Dept. of Political Science
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn