Re: Application

From: Tim Kohler
Subject: Re: Application
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:54:01 -0700

on 9/13/01 1:35 AM, Jiøí Lambert at address@hidden wrote:

Good morning,

I would like to ask you some information about swarm 2.1.1. Do you
have application of some groundwater modelling or pollution spreading?

Thank you very much,
Jiri Lambert

Institute of Economics and Control Systems
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
17. listopadu 15, Ostrava - Poruba, 708 33
Czech Republic

Tel. +42 069 732 3256

Hi Jiri. Over the next couple of years I'll be working with a hydrologist, Ken Kolm, to couple surface- and ground-water models running on Modflow to a swarm simulation that will be a much improved version of the old "Village" simulation which was one of the original proof-of-principle apps for Swarm. As we make progress on this we'll make information available to the community. Other people involved in this research are Bob Reynolds at Wayne State and Mark Varien, an archaeologist at Crow Canyon Archaeological Center in Colorado.

best wishes and good luck, Tim Kohler
Professor, Department of Anthropology
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-4910