Re: Agent complexity

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Re: Agent complexity
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:19:35 +0000

"M. Lang / S. Railsback" wrote:

> So if instead we can find simple rules that explain a wide range of
> trout behaviors, we think we've learned something about trout, as well
> as complex systems.

Have you found it difficult or easy to convince the scientific community
of this? Though, as you say, fish are not generally though of as being
as complex as humans, and hence, perhaps, we find it easier to stomach
simple fish agents than simple human ones.

Gary

--

Macaulay Land Use Research Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen. AB15 8QH
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 318611               Email: address@hidden