[Fwd: swarming]

From: Chris Langton
Subject: [Fwd: swarming]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:25:26 -0600

Anybody up in the Bay area want to make a Swarm presentation?

Please respond to the author of the attached note....

Chris Langton
--- Begin Message --- Subject: swarming Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:11:13 -0700
Chris-

UC Davis is hosting a symposium on nonlinear dynamics in Biology and
Chemistry as a tribute to Joel Keizer, founder and former director of our
institute here. (I believe that he spent some time at Santa Fe - you may
have met him at some point)

http://www.itd.ucdavis.edu/joelapalooza/

The day before the conference, we are trying to organize an afternoon
session on computational packages/technologies useful for biologists. Our
research and training group includes computational cell biology, fluid
dynamics, and population biology. The session is aimed at interested
conferees, but also to students at Davis. We hope that it will look
something like:

John Wagner - beowulf parallel clusters and biological applications
http://oocyte.itd.ucdavis.edu/Yggdrasil/

Les Loew - Virtual Cell Simulation Environment
http://www2.uchc.edu/htbit/vcell/vcell_java.html

David Brown
http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/Overture/

I was recently introduced to your Swarm simulation package and it is really
fantastic. Do you know of any collaborators or colleagues in the Bay
Area/Sacramento/Davis, etc., who might be qualified/interested in coming to
Davis to talk about your package?

Chris Fall
Institute for Theoretical Dynamics
University of California, Davis