Re: Outcomes Research in Managed Care

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: Outcomes Research in Managed Care
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:09:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> Dear Members of the Swarm Community:
>
> I'm wondering in the context of economic experiments
> using Swarm whether anyone's considered issues surrounding
> managed care -- particularly concerning whether Swarm
> could be used in modeling treatment outcomes and the ways
> governments pay for those treatments -- please let me know
> what y'all think and also whether anyone is pursuing this
> line of inquiry.

Interesting... Out of curiousity, and not being an economist
myself, are there accepted and/or "traditional" models that
focus on the economics managed care?

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427