Re: list of swarms capabilitys?

From: Bert . Baker
Subject: Re: list of swarms capabilitys?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:53:09 -0500

>Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:16:10 -0400
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: list of swarms capabilitys?
>To: address@hidden
>
>Is there a list of attributes that makes Swarm a) different from other
>simulation toolkits and b) just as capable ('the same') as other
>simulation toolkits, right?
>
>Like a list you would show the the un-initiated?  To introduce them to
>swarm and all the wonderous things it has to offer...
>
>I would be interested to get many users input, plus their feelings on
>the various tools.
>

>Thanks,
>Brad.

Brad,

One of my students, Deepika Chauhan, has just finished compiling a list
comparing different agent-building tools such as Swarm.  We intend to put
it on-line at the following URL within the week.

        http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~abaker/JAFMAS/compare.html

The comparisons are a bit Java-centric as she has developed these
comparisons to highlight what she has done in the JAFMAS project
(Java-based Framework for Multi-Agent Systems).

She provides comparisons between various Java-based agent mobility tools
(IBM Aglets, Concordia, Odyssey, Voyager), Java-based tools supporting
speech-acts (JATLite), and agent building tools which are not Java-based
including Swarm, COOL, InteRRap, dMars, Cybele, Telescript, AgentTcl, and
Echelon).

I hope these tables help to answer your questions.  If those subscribing to
this list see any thing we could add to the tables to provide a better
comparison to Swarm, we would be glad to make the changes.

Regards,

        -Bert Baker

Albert D. Baker, Director
Agent-Based Manufacturing Laboratory
Elec & Comp Eng and Comp Sci Dept    e-mail:address@hidden
834A Rhodes Hall - ML 30             http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~abaker
University of Cincinnati             voice:(513) 556-4782
Cincinnati, OH  45221-0030           fax:(513) 556-7326