Re: RNGs

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: RNGs
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 15:59:16 -0400 (EDT)

Am I the Rick to whom this is addressed?
(I have to admit I only vaguely remember your questions
that got this thread going...I also don't recall any
answers I might have given!!)

In any case, I'd have to see more of your codes to know for sure
what is going on.

Some key questions:
1. Is your UniformDbl an instance variable (IV) of your
   Model object, or is a global variable, or something else?

2. Given the answer to 1, take a look at the place where
   you are getting the message you mention below and see
   if your UniformDbl is "in scope" there.
   For example, if UniformDbl is an IV of your Model object,
   you can only directly access it in Model object methods.
   If you want to access it from other places, you need
   to define/declare and use methods like
       [[model getUniformDbl] ...  ];

That's the best I can do without more info.
 - r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html