summer-of-code

Re: [IMPORTANT] Request for slots for GNU projects

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Request for slots for GNU projects
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 13:21:32 +0200

    > Please report the essential/desired counts ASAP.

    For GNU LibffCall,
    Desired - 3
    Essential - 3

Are you sure the "essential" numbers are correct?  Are all libffcall
submitted proposals really "amazing"?

In my experiene in GSOC it is a very bad idea to ask for too much
essential slots, because it can lower the perspectives of getting all
the slots we ask for.  We usually ask for one essential slot per
project, sometimes two with a very good reason...  So, are you sure?

    For GNU LibreDWG,
    Desired - 2
    Essential - 2

I also note that you are not the maintainer of GNU LibreDWG.  Hardeep,
can you please confirm these numbers for LibreDWG?  Are the two
proposals sent to LibreDWG "amazing" proposals?