summer-of-code

idea: gtk network interface viewer (for sysfs)

From: Claudio Fontana
Subject: idea: gtk network interface viewer (for sysfs)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 03:18:54 +0100

Hello,

I started a pet project a while ago as I realized I'd want to have a
quick way to understand how the network interfaces are behaving
(if packets actually go through, at which tx/rx speed, etc).

So I started building a simple interface on top of linux kernel sysfs,
and there's something that already compiles and "works", but I do not
have the time to polish it.

It uses sysfs C and gtk.
It can remain my pet project, since it works for me, and I do not feel
strongly that it should be an idea for summer of code, but if you are in
short of ideas, there you have it.

Claudio