streamtuner-misc

columns + firefox

From: jeff
Subject: columns + firefox
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:16:45 -0700

The streamtuner default columns are a bit cluttered, especially
to new users who don't know how to slide the column width. I
see two issues:
1) There are too many default columns enabled
2) The column widths are too narrow

Attached is a small patch for #1. It turns off How many
Listeners and Max Listeners, and Genre. Genre is turned off
because that's basically what you are selecting in the left
hand side and description/now-playing are a better indicator.
Also "broadcaster" is turned off for one plugin as it just
takes space and doesn't convey much.

I don't know how to fix the column widths. It defaults to making
"Now Playing" etc really small and the bitrate really big.
Anyway could this be make a bit easier out-of-the-box?

Also, I think firefox should be the default web browser instead
of the rarer epiphany, but that's just MHO... Attached is a
patchlet for that too.

On another note I've seen some errors when getting the xiph
lists on fresh installs:
streamtuner: Xiph: XML document: unrecoverable error: internal
error
streamtuner: Xiph: XML document: unrecoverable error: Extra
content at the end of the document

I don't know if it was a transient error or not, but I could
reproduce it a number of times tonight by deleting
~/.streamtuner

Thanks for such a cool program. Many BLAG users say it's their
favorite killer-app. :)

-Jeff