Re: Speech-dispatcher dropping audio after switch to optical out

From: Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
Subject: Re: Speech-dispatcher dropping audio after switch to optical out
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 21:13:39 +0200

I think your sound bar turns off when there is no signal (my receiver does the same). Quickest workaround is to play silence constantly.

On May 27, 2020 8:39:32 PM GMT+02:00, Nolan Darilek <nolan@thewordnerd.info> wrote:
FWIW, a few more details:

* It isn't specific to Optical. I ended up having to switch to HDMI
because Optical can't do 5.1. Same result, though 5.1 audio works fine,
including in games.

* I also set default-sample-rate = 48000 in ~/.config/pulse/daemon.conf
thinking that might help. No luck.

Reverted to stereo and Line Out, and things are working again. I'd like
to return to HDMI, so advice on either what to tweak or how to rapidly
reset speech-dispatcher between tests welcome.

Thanks.