cicero : We msiss a configure option.

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: cicero : We msiss a configure option.
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:05:03 +0100

Hello,

Didier Spaier, le dim. 16 d?c. 2018 11:51:53 +0100, a ecrit:
> I would like to avoid that cicero appears in the list of synthesizers,
> when no line beginning with #AddModule in /etc/speech-dispatcher/ is
> uncommented. Currently cicero appears then in the output of spd-say -O
> as well as in the Person drop-down list of orca, even if cicero is not
> installed and the configuration file /etc/speech-dispatcher/cicero.conf
> is removed.

Well, instead of removing just the .conf file you can perhaps just
remove the sd_cicero module file?

Additionally, I have added a check in the cicero module, to allow its
initialization only if the cicero binary can be reached.

> 2) A needed binary is present, checked as you did in commit e3ff991:
> "generic modules: check for actual availability of binaries"
> but extending this check to all modules.

Since the binary path can be configured in the conf file, one would have
to put the path both in that option and the option you propose, it'd be
odd while the module can itself check for the binary as I have just done
in the cicero module.

Samuel