Espeak slowing down, solution

From: Michael Whapples
Subject: Espeak slowing down, solution
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:23:01 +0000

Hello,
I reported an issue with espeak and speech-dispatcher slowing down. It
was suggested that may be I should try the latest testing version of
espeak. Well using espeak 1.45.47 seems to solve the problem and has
also been confirmed by other orca users. As the bug was quite an
annoying one to have speech just dropping to a really slow rate, it
would be good to see distributions pick this up as soon as possible,
however I imagine this will not happen until a stable release is made.
So when is the next stable release of espeak likely to happen with this
fix in it?

Michael Whapples