[orca-list] Problem with speech-dispatcher and orca

From: Michael Whapples
Subject: [orca-list] Problem with speech-dispatcher and orca
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 15:04:35 +0100

I have to say I agree with you that the central single speech-dispatcher
server was simpler and seemed to work better, and no pulse also was
better. Unfortunately as you say, its not the current rage and so to set
things up as you say is to go against the normal way and so in itself
can be a bit of a battle as the packages sometimes keep trying to
reconfigure it back to per user set ups.

Anyway, putting the above to one side, speech-dispatcher and pulseaudio
do expect to be used (seems to be the default expectation) so they
really need to sort out the issues, like the one I describe. While these
sorts of issues exist, this will mean there will still be opposition to
systems like pulse, as simply they don't work.

Michael Whapples