[orca-list] Problem with speech-dispatcher and orca

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: [orca-list] Problem with speech-dispatcher and orca
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 13:12:45 -0700

I've had problems like that in the past and that's why I set up
speech-dispatcher to run as a central system service on my machine.  I
know, that is not the latest rage but you know what? my method works
all the time and I am not having those problems now.  I also used the
kludge fixes to keep pulse out of the way and again, my system seems
more stable because I've done so.  I just got sick and tired of the
instability of pulse audio.