rfc module autodetection patch set

From: Trevor Saunders
Subject: rfc module autodetection patch set
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 06:40:10 -0500

this patch set first cleans up the way we load modules a little by
moving the actual initialization out of the dotconf call back.  Then it
adds a very simple autodetection algorithm.  We simply assume everything
in MODULEBINDIR is a module, and well if it isn't it should fail to
initialize.

There are some things that should be thought about some here.
* currently modules file name starts with sd_xxxx do we have a good
 reason for this when coming up with a name rom each file this code
 simply adds three to the pointer to the string to skip the sd_ when
 getting the name, which should be checked if we want to keep the sd_
 prefix.

*do we want to look at permissions at all, I don't think there is any
security issue with not doing so, but does anyone else have thoughts on
this?

*we still deal with all the module loading in
speechd_load_configuration() is this where we want it to happen?

*it would be nice for autodetection to be able to work with the generic
module to some degree, based on the way the current support works this
is fairly easy if we can add links in MODULEBINDIR from say
espeak-generic to the binary sd_generic that way the detection would try
to exec sd_generic with the config file modules/espeak-generic.conf.

*I keept the Addmodule directive so people could deal with configuring
modules not in the MODULEBINDIR, and other nonstandard things.  It would
be nice if a hand configured module with the same name as an
autodetected one could override the autoditected value, instead of
dupplicating it.

so, what do people think>

Trev