python bindings coding style

From: Rui Batista
Subject: python bindings coding style
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:57:32 +0100

Hi,

Some time ago I submited a patch to OpenTTS to make python bindings
comply with the pytohn coding style guidelines:

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

My proposal is to adopt these guidelines in speech-dispatcher.

We can use the pylint tool to check compliance:

http://www.logilab.org/857

If we want different gudelines from the python ones we can use
a .pylintrc file to configure pylint behaviour.

Orca uses pylint quit successfully, their code is rated at 10.00 and in
my opinion is really readable and consistent.

What do you all think?

Regards,

Rui Batista

Rui Batista
E-mail/googletalk: ruiandrebatista (at) gmail (dot) com
MSN/WLM: ruiandrebatista (at) hotmail (dot) com (don't send mail to this
one)
Skype: ruiandrebatista
twitter: http://twitter.com/ragb
weblog: http://unreliabledevice.net