Hard coded sample rate in pulse driver.

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Hard coded sample rate in pulse driver.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:44:06 +1000

Hi all,
While writing the recent patch I sent to the speechd list, I noticed that there
is a hard coded sample rate and channel count in the pulse driver. Digging back
through the log, I noticed this was from Hynek's pulse connection refactoring.
I am wondering whether there is a specific reason why this was done. I don't
see a mention of why in the commit message, and since pulseaudio is capable of
doing resampling of incoming audio streams, I don't understand why the driver
doesn't pass that information through to pulse.

I'm happy to write a patch to fix this, unless there is a good reason to leave
it the way it is. Such a change will need to be tested of course, so will
likely make it available in my own git repository and branch for testing
purposes.

Thanks

Luke