Speech-dispatcher problems with ubuntu EasyPeasy on netbook

From: Jennifer
Subject: Speech-dispatcher problems with ubuntu EasyPeasy on netbook
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:26:46 +0100

    I can't find the /.speech-dispatcher directory in my home directory. When I
run the command "speech-dispatcher" without the quotes through the terminal
orca states that the directory .speech-dispatcher is not found in home and that
the pid file can not be created due to the wrong permissions.

Are things being installed in the wrong place? Is there something else I should
do?

Any help would be appreciated.
Jen!