New Czech/Slovak TTS module for speech dispatcher

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: New Czech/Slovak TTS module for speech dispatcher
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:05:48 +0200

    DT> The module is GPL, of course, and it calls functions from the
    DT> non-GPL SpeechTech TTS library (I suppose that this does not
    DT> violate the GPL licence).

See http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs.

I *think* there is no problem with the source code.  But if you want to
distribute binary code there *is* a problem.  If the module is
completely your own work you should add an exception as suggested in the
link above (and you really should, it avoids a lot of problems).  If the
module uses parts of another GPL software (not copyrighted by you,
e.g. another Speech Dispatcher module), you must get permission from all
the copyright holders to add such an exception.