Problem with libspeechd.h

From: Lukasz Grabowski
Subject: Problem with libspeechd.h
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:56:21 +0200

Hello,
I'm writing a small C++ application in which libspeechd.h is included
in voice.h, and voice.h is included in a main source file sradio.cpp;
g++ fails to build:
===========
luke at rokkanon:/testy/sradio$ make
g++    -c -o shuffler.o shuffler.cpp
g++    -c -o megahstack.o megahstack.cpp
g++    -c -o osdx.o osdx.cpp
g++    -c -o voice.o voice.cpp
g++    -c -o sradio.o sradio.cpp
sradio.cpp: In function ?int lirc(char*, char*, MegahStack*)?:
sradio.cpp:168: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
?char*? sradio.cpp:171: warning: deprecated conversion from string
constant to ?char*? g++ -s -o sradio sradio.o megahstack.o shuffler.o
osdx.o voice.o -llirc_client -lxosd -lspeechd -lpthread
voice.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `spd_debug'
sradio.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here collect2: ld returned 1 exit
status make: *** [sradio] B??d 1
luke at rokkanon:/testy/sradio$
===========
I know there was a similar problem reported on this list some time ago.
However, my libspeechd.h _does_ include
#ifndef _LIBSPEECHD_H
#define _LIBSPEECHD_H
#endif /* ifndef _LIBSPEECHD_H */

I even checked if I didn't define spd_debug in my program, but
apparently I didn't. Thus it seems to me to be a problem with
libspeechd. However, I'm an inexperienced programmer, so maybe you
could tell me what else could be wrong with _my_ code.

If I merge code from voice.cpp with sradio.cpp,
everything builds fine.

Best,
Lukasz Grabowski