Speechd-el i18n: Lang-code Docs, Wrong Lang in "message" and "prompt"

From: Veli-Pekka Tätilä
Subject: Speechd-el i18n: Lang-code Docs, Wrong Lang in "message" and "prompt"
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:29:52 +0300

Hi, I've now been testing the Finnish in eSpeak using speechd-el, which
works great. Two things, though:

1. Could the docs please give an example of a language code? I first just
tried 358 for Finnish, and then started wondering about something being
wrong with speech-dispatcher. Finally, I realized it is not a numeric
argument, but fi as in URLs. Trying just numbers gave no errors either, so
maybe you could regexp match for word chars, and complain otherwise. 358
would be bad from a usability point of view, but I've gotten used to
language codes in my Windows reader, in some ini files.

2. Why are a couple of messages spoken in the selected language while most
are in English? That is, prompts like prompt and message are pronounced in
Finnish in my case, which sounds funny but intelligible. I would prefer the
English option since the rest of Emacs messsages are in English anyway
regardless of what language I'm using to type.

Neither of these is a real complaint, just cosmetic stuff, really. But
thought I'd let you know regardless.

I'm using Espeak and have my Emacs default to text mode in case it mattters.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka T?til?
Accessibility, Apps and Coding plus Synths and Music: