Speech Dispatcher 0.6.7 Release Candidate 1 (request for help with testi

From: Gilles Casse
Subject: Speech Dispatcher 0.6.7 Release Candidate 1 (request for help with testing)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:12:51 +0200

Hello Hynek, all,

I have experienced some of the new features, and found them very nice!
Thanks.

Just a notice about the pulseaudio support:

Hynek Hanke wrote:
> Speech Dispatcher 0.6.7 Release Candidate 1
>  [...] in Pulse Audio and avoidance of having to reopen
>    the PA connection on every synthesis request

[...]
>    - Pulse Audio support is still in an experimental stage and might
>      not work with new versions of PA.

The patch which does not reopen the audio stream when a sound icon
follows speech at a distinct speech rate, this patch has not been
committed to cvs, because it is not yet compliant with pulseaudio.

As I understand it, the pulse module adds latency compared to alsa but
might be usable with pulseaudio.

Best regards,
Gilles