sks-devel

Seeking peers for keyserver.trifence.ch

From: Marcel Waldvogel
Subject: Seeking peers for keyserver.trifence.ch
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 11:03:34 +0100

Hi,

I started running a keyserver (again) after some 20 years of break (then still running the first generation of public keyservers) and am looking for peers, to remain in sync. I provide two different endpoints for SKS and Hockeypuck (see below for explanation):

SKS servers are welcome to peer with:

keywin.trifence.ch 11370 # Marcel Waldvogel <marcel.waldvogel@trifence.ch> 0x9CF85070DD5B7293B6988379C3C53A69327FB3DC

while Hockeypuck servers should peer with:

# Marcel Waldvogel <marcel.waldvogel@trifence.ch>
# 0x9CF85070DD5B7293B6988379C3C53A69327FB3DC
[hockeypuck.conflux.recon.partner.hkp-winterthur]
httpAddr="keyserver.trifence.ch:11371"
reconAddr="keyserver.trifence.ch:11370"

Why two servers? I had set up Hockeypuck, but then learnt the hard way that recent Hockeypuck with their anti-DoS measures can create a lot of traffic between Hockeypuck and their SKS peers. While Hockeypuck now essentially no longer requests keys which will be shrinked by anti-DoS, their SKS peers will still regularly request those abusively huge keys. So the two servers above handle all the overhead inside the same physical machine and are configured to reduce the load they generate on each other.

-Marcel

PS: More information: https://github.com/hockeypuck/hockeypuck/pull/107 and https://github.com/hockeypuck/hockeypuck/issues/108