site-engine-dev

Re: [site-engine-dev] I hear you (was: Re: Hello...)

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [site-engine-dev] I hear you (was: Re: Hello...)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:46:21 +0000

M.Boeh wrote:
> Anyway, I am even more interested now. I find the idea of differentiating
> skins and themes interesting, and I was even in the thought processes leading
> to that (I.E., I was considering the difference between allowing Perl/XML
> themes and plain CSS color schemes.)

I'm toying with the idea of another split, between actions (pages which
change things) and views (pages which just display things), but I'm not sure
how well that development will work in practice.  I'll probably test it out
on the same project that I'm using to refine the simple db api and the
xexprxml methods and report back here.

> Anyway, unless you have a reason not to, it'd be nice if you could add me as
> a developer. mboeh is my Savannah name.

I'm currently holding off of adding developers until the basic definitions
are in place, which they aren't yet.  I'll accept patches before adding
people to CVS.  I think I may add a site-engine-2 module for this rewrite,
rather than break the code that tsw is running from.
--
MJR