site-engine-dev

[site-engine-dev] Hello...

From: M . Boeh
Subject: [site-engine-dev] Hello...
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:23:01 -0800

Hi! I'm interested in this project. I've programmed for several years, (but
never in Scheme) and I currently run a site (http://desperance.net) using the
PHP-Nuke site engine. I've only run PHP-Nuke for a week, and I'm already
frustrated with it (it's quirky, and Intercal code is documented better. :).
I find the idea of using Scheme as a web development language very
interesting.
Come to think of it, our projects are very similar... I run Perl-Fusion
(http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/perl-fusion/) which is an attempt at
improving PHP-Nuke, first by cloning and documenting it, then by extending
and improving it... the main difference is that I'm using Perl and you're
using Scheme.
Anyway, I like the idea of helping site-engine mainly because it sounds fun.
^^ I'll make sure to grab that book.

--
| Matt Boeh                     % address@hidden
| Desperance Administrator      % http://desperance.net
+ GnuPG Fingerprint: 471E 72FB 0FCB 6937 730F  8B4C 6C22 96EA 7C60 2708
sub  1024g/A88D8A72 2001-11-12